Ranking well in a search engine results page is the holy grail for the modern business, but understanding Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) can be confusing and time-consuming.
Good website SEO is an involved area. It encompasses everything from the actual content on your website through to the technical infrastructure used when your developer built the site. In addition, industry best practice for search engine ranking is a fluid and changing environment based on the latest releases and advice from the big industry players like Google. To achieve and hold a good ranking in search engine result pages (SERPs) requires viewing your website as an ongoing project. Plan to work on it regularly. This strategy will keep your site fresh and up-to-date with current SERP best practice.
IT Basecamp offers two strategies to help customers to achieve optimal Google ranking:
The website audit is a health check of your site’s existing status. It is designed to give you an assessment of how ‘healthy’ your website appears in Google’s eyes and provides both a way for you to compare your website to that of your competitors and ideas on how you can improve your website (and therefore your search engine ranking). The website audit includes:
COST: $499 (ex-gst)
Thanks to all at IT Basecamp for upgrading the Kullindi Homestead website, top work, really happy with end result, the mobile version, a big improvement on the previous. Tony | Kullindi Homestead
Outset: A health audit of Kullindi Homestead’s website revealed a health score of 64%, 164 site errors and 809 site warnings.
Work undertaken: re-work the code to make the website mobile responsive, plus work on the content and code to apply targeted keywords to improve ranking.
Ranking result: a map listing plus first page Google ranking for Kullindi’s prime keywords, moved up to first page (from 2nd page) for secondary keywords.
Health audit result: Post work Kullindi Homestead’s website achieved a health score of 86%, site errors reduced to 6 and site warnings reduced to 66.
Search Engine Optimisation is an ongoing project. Google regularly updates its ranking criteria and the internet is a fast-paced industry, so web design techniques are constantly progressing and changing. To achieve success over the medium- to long-term SEO work needs to be an on-going concern. IT Basecamp offers an SEO package to keep you ahead in the game.
The SEO package includes:
COST: $499 (ex-gst) for the first month, then $260 (ex-gst) per month ongoing.
- regular updates on site health status
- identify and fix site errors and warnings
- organic keyword analysis
- competitor keyword analysis
- keyword gap analysis
- regularly track competitor ranking and keywords
- create, claim and verify your listing
- optimise the listing for local pack
- connect Analytics account to your website
- measure and analyse website visits
- setup/connect to website
- track how users are interacting with your site
- set up tags and triggers to record specific user events on your site
- real-world ideas for promoting online presence
- assess backlinks
- disallow toxic backlinks
- develop opportunities for new backlinks
- cross linking with website
- Facebook/Instagram/Adwords advertising
- Facebook pixel setup to track conversions and optimise advertising
- Q&A markup
- images, alt tags, download speed
- implement Local Business structured data markup
- mobile responsiveness and usability
- define canonical relationship in the case of duplicate content
- improve page speeds
- ensure headings/title tags/meta descriptions reflect keywords